No. of Recommendations: 0
I had a similar experience with Priceline, except that I didn't take the bait. Mine was a short trip, so an a.m. or p.m. arrival was pertinent on both ends of the trip. As I read the rules, I thought how ridiculous it would be to accept those terms. What can they do to you? To me, the terms were pretty clear, and I suppose they could have taken you to the west coast and then to London if they wanted to. So there is little to complain about there. Where you are legit in having ruffled feathers is with the nondisclosure of taxes and fees before you agreed to buy--because you would certainly have "opted out" had you known those. You know, these e-commerce people are always there to fight their being regulated, but if they are not going to do business ethically, they can count on Congress watching out for the consumer, because consumers will demand it. I mean if we can opt out of an ATM transaction because of a $1.50 fee, why shouldn't we also be able to opt out an enormously ridiculous situation like yours--without penalty--I might add?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.