Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney has said, “Everyone ought to pay their fair share. Part of paying their fair share is simply suggesting that the highest income Americans, those making over $250,000, the top 2%, including millionaires and billionaires, can afford to, and should, pay income taxes at the marginal rate that was in place in the 1990s when we had one of the strongest economies in American history and when we created 24 million jobs.”

I don't even grasp what is fair about 35%. Especially when you top that with state and local income taxes, which push some poeple to the 50% range.

Yep....let's get more $ from the job creators and give to the gov't. I'm sure the gov't will do a better job with that $. They always do don't they? We had such amazing results after both Bush and Obama stimulus checks went out.

I feel richer...don't you?

decath (no raise in 4 years but inflation sure has not gone away)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
... and should, pay income taxes at the marginal rate that was in place in the 1990s when we had one of the strongest economies in American history and when we created 24 million jobs.”

I always love how they leave out the Rest of the Story. The Fed could also lower interest rates, boosting the economy and the stock market. So what was lost in marginal tax rates was more than made up for in capital gains. Also, the deficit wasn't as bad as it is now and we briefly had a budget surplus.

Presently, all they can do to mimic the 90s is increase marginal tax rates. The Fed has interest rates at zero and the deficit is ballooning with no hope for a surplus of any kind.

JLC, who misses Paul Harvey
No. of Recommendations: 2
This train has left the station. It will be a cold day in hell before the Repubs take back the White House or the Senate. Demographics, the media, and the giveaway policies of the Dem Party have taken over the country. They now control over 50%, and the percentage is only going to go higher over the next decade. Maybe 10 or 15 years from now when the country hits a brick wall things might change, but not before the country goes splat on the bricks.
No. of Recommendations: 3
After ANY TAX HIKE.......

The same jealous whiners will be crowing about fairness and wanting even more theft from individuals via the state.

Ducks are ducks.

Dogs are dogs.

Flowers are flowers.

Envious losers are envious losers.

It won't change, ever.

JediG