Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Let's start by stating I am a high school mathematics teacher so I have absolutely zero expertise in the medical, let alone genomics, field. I can analyze data though and have been doing so on ARK Invest investments for the past 6 months or so. I don't live or die by what they purchase but feel it's a good place to add conviction or at least find new companies.

I feel like I have seen conversation about TXG here recently but could not find the write up so I apologize if I missed it.

This past week ARK has been buying up TXG hand over fist. In the last 7 days they have increased there holdings by 24.5%.

Since the beginning of the year they have increased their position by 400%.

As ARK Invest is on the forefront of innovation and disruption, can anyone here who understands this space better than I (which is everyone) provide any insight as to why ARK might be loading up on TXG?

Also interesting to note is that TXG has always been held in their ARKG (Genomics) ETF and this recent buying spree has been in their ARKK ETF meaning TSG is now held in 2 of their actively traded funds. Also to note, ARKK does not purchase it's own stocks. By that I mean, ARKK holdings are always a duplicate of one of their more industry specific ETF's leading me to believe their is some higher level conviction for TXG.

Sincerely appreciate the insight!

Mr. C (Cory)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.