No. of Recommendations: 0
Why not invest in tax free munis or something.

Presumably on your sale you have a big capital gain. Do a 1031 exchange to avoid the tax. Alternatively, give a chunk to Uncle, then buy the tax free munis.

It just rubs me that the deal maker gets two years of my income.

No deal is complete until you get into the Realtor's shorts and make them ante up some of that fee.

Then I wonder if this guy is doing so good at selling, why isn't he buying this stuff himself.

He makes it off of you. Realtors actually do work for their money, and the best ones do quite well.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.