No. of Recommendations: 12
Why Can’t We Publish List Of Women Who Get Abortions?

http://www.inquisitr.com/468788/ann-coulter-lets-publish-lis...

Coulter argued that public records of citizens holding gun permits shouldn’t be published because “people with gun permits by definition do not have criminal records.” She argued that public lists ought to include “recently-paroled criminals,” people living in rent-controlled housing, and women who have had abortions.

“Why can’t we get a record of women who have had abortions?” Coulter asked. “They get money from Planned Parenthood; they get money from Medicare and Medicaid, much of these are tax subsidies. I think mothers might want to know what other women on their street might be willing to murder a child.”

She also attacked Manhattan real estate: “How about a list of the rent-controlled apartments in New York?” she asked. “And by the way, if we’re producing lists of gun permit owners, I want ‘em for Manhattan! I want to know how many rich liberals with their bodyguards have gun permits,” arguing that if someone makes over $200,000 a year, they shouldn’t be able to hire armed bodyguards, and should be as “defenseless as the rest of us.”

Coulter summed up her argument, saying that gun control advocates are like “hysterical women” who “refuse to go after criminals.”

Woot, woot, woot!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Tha abortion thing is too much, but outing the rest of the hypocrite liberals is fair game.
“Why can’t we get a record of women who have had abortions?” Coulter asked.M/b>

Indeed, why not? My mother used to say, "If you're ashamed of it, don't do it. If you do it, don't be ashamed of it."
No. of Recommendations: 0
The abortion thing is too much

I don't think it is. The fact that the average woman wouldn't want anyone to know she's had an abortion says that in her heart of hearts she thinks it's wrong.
Ann sometimes purposely illustrates liberal absurdity by making absurd comments. They are spot-on and masterfully shows lib hypocrisy and idiocy and hysteria about how the left reacts to guns and mass murder.

And boy does she pi$$ off libs because they know what she says about them is true. Nobody irritates liberals like Ann Coulter. She should be awarded the bronze star for her brilliance in exposing who liberals really are.
I don't think it is. The fact that the average woman wouldn't want anyone to know she's had an abortion says that in her heart of hearts she thinks

or are afraid of persecution.

The numbers have increased from 1 in 3 to closer to 1 in 2.

Forty percent of American women have abortions by the time they're 45.

Read more: http://thephoenix.com/boston/news/68790-i-had-an-abortion/#i...
No. of Recommendations: 6

I don't think it is. The fact that the average woman wouldn't want anyone to know she's had an abortion says that in her heart of hearts she thinks it's wrong.

There's a small problem with that sort of thinking.

I understand why Ann went there- I think she was trying to show the silliness of having a list of people published that are somehow doing something that the liberals don't like. She was merely saying that the ridiculousness of that, while having absolutely no value to society, could tell other liberals who the "bad guys" are.

By the same token, a list of people who have done something that the conservatives don't like would be just as silly because it would only serve the purpose of showing conservatives who does something that they don't like.

Now, if you argue that women who have had abortions don't want it known because they know they've done something wrong, then you take away her point entirely because you would also have to be saying that gun owners don't want such a list because, deep down inside, they know they're doing something wrong.

Which is not only not the case, but not the point Ann was trying to make.

k
The numbers have increased from 1 in 3 to closer to 1 in 2.

No. That's wrong and I'm surprised that you would quote an article when there is actual evidence available.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/j.contraception.2011...

42 percent of unintended pregnancies end in abortion and about half of all pregnancies are unintended.

It's more like 22 percent not including miscarriages.

k
42 percent of unintended pregnancies end in abortion and about half of all pregnancies are unintended.

k

The report you are quoting is from 2006, from the same website:

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html

• At least half of American women will experience an unintended pregnancy by age 45, and, at current rates, one in 10 women will have an abortion by age 20, one in four by age 30 and three in 10 by age 45.[4,5]
Don't skim-

• At least half of American women will experience an unintended pregnancy by age 45, and, at current rates, one in 10 women will have an abortion by age 20, one in four by age 30 and three in 10 by age 45.[4,5]

You know what's strange? All of the most recent data I can find is from the same 2009 CDC report.

Anyways, that report confirms my numbers-

According to the most recent national estimates, nearly one fifth of all pregnancies in the United States end in abortion.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6015a1.htm?s_cid=...

But here's something that might explain the data. You don't even have to click on it to see what it's about- just read the link.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/obama-admin-accused-of-hidi...

k
Tha abortion thing is too much, but outing the rest of the hypocrite liberals is fair game.

This is why liberals even still exist.

Were the situation reversed, they would not hesitate for a second.

Non-liberlas want to assume they are human, bad assumption.
“Why can’t we get a record of women who have had abortions?” Coulter asked.M/b>

Indeed, why not? My mother used to say, "If you're ashamed of it, don't do it. If you do it, don't be ashamed of it."

It should be very interesting when they publish the list of all the women getting 'free' birth control.

This should be an excellent precedent setting move for the press. There's just so much stuff that is really nobody's business that would be fun to gossip about and that could make folks uncomfortable.

I hope we can give out 'free' prophylactics too, so we can get some of those male names out there.

oh the list goes on and on, all the information that would make folks life's better to manage. You know your husband might like to cheat, make sure not too many folks as neighbors are getting ready to , well... teenage daughter? Check the list, heck if you are the teenage son -- check the list

THis is good information that the public would have an interest in
How about a list of Anyone and! Any Company who receives Governmint funding, other than Social Security retirement/medical.
I think Ann's point is that wanting to make a list of people who do things you disagree with is ridiculous.

I don't think she's actually suggesting a list of woman who have had abortions.

Rip
No. of Recommendations: 7
-----

Either that, or she knows there's nothing wrong with it but does know that it's nobody's business, especially the religious nutcases who would persecute her for it.
No. of Recommendations: 22
Either that, or she knows there's nothing wrong with it but does know that it's nobody's business, especially the religious nutcases who would persecute her for it.

That's the way gun owners feel. It's nobody's business, especially the leftwing nutcases who would persecute them for it.
THis is good information that the public would have an interest in

As we march ever toward a brave new world..

k
-----

That's the way gun owners feel. It's nobody's business, especially the leftwing nutcases who would persecute them for it.

There are no such leftwingers.
That's the way gun owners feel. It's nobody's business, especially the leftwing nutcases who would persecute them for it. -- cellospice

There are no such leftwingers. -- FMNH

You lie!

That's a lie.

BRAVO!

k
No. of Recommendations: 2
That's the way gun owners feel. It's nobody's business, especially the leftwing nutcases who would persecute them for it. -- cellospice

---
There are no such leftwingers. -- FMNH
---

You lie!

Once again, you have been defeated by the truth and are left speechless and sputtering!
Tha abortion thing is too much...

It seems to cross the line with me as well. However, by law (and it varies from state to state I'm sure), if you're treated for an STD, you're supposed to reveal your "intimates" so social services can track them down and tell them to get treated as well.

So the privacy argument is kind of breached/defeated there. But, IIRC, being HIV positive reformed the wall somewhat.

JLC
OK, but only if you name their partners, too.
No. of Recommendations: 12
OK, but only if you name their partners, too.

That would be fine, actually, it would be even better.

You misunderstand the argument, as your hilarious comeback suggests. The point is that names of gun owners shouldn't be published in the first place. Proposing to name women who have had abortions is an illustration of why your side is so wrong, and by extending this proposal to include the partners, you have unwittingly strengthened the case against publishing gun owner names.
You misunderstand the argument, as your hilarious comeback suggests. The point is that names of gun owners shouldn't be published in the first place. Proposing to name women who have had abortions is an illustration of why your side is so wrong, and by extending this proposal to include the partners, you have unwittingly strengthened the case against publishing gun owner names.
-----------------------------------------------
Treating legal gun owners like sex offenders, that is soooo liberal.
"...by extending this proposal to include the partners, you have unwittingly strengthened the case against publishing gun owner names."

I think you meant witlessly.

unwittingly: without knowledge or intention; "he unwittingly deleted the references."

witless: lacking wit, intelligence, or sense; stupid
I think you meant witlessly.

unwittingly: without knowledge or intention; "he unwittingly deleted the references."

witless: lacking wit, intelligence, or sense; stupid

No, I meant "unwittingly" as I wrote it. I know what the word means. However, I agree that "witlessly" would also be a good choice.

So much for, who was it, Al Gore, said keeping abortion safe, legal and rare?

decath

k

Glad to hear. 22% is still not exactly rare though.

decath