No. of Recommendations: 68
President Obama’s dramatic re-election victory, as projected by the networks tonight, was not a sign that a fractured nation had finally come together on Election Day. But it was a strong endorsement of economic policies that stress job growth, health care reform, tax increases and balanced deficit reduction — and of moderate policies on immigration, abortion and same-sex marriage. It was a repudiation of Reagan-era bromides about tax-cutting and trickle-down economics, and of the politics of fear, intolerance and disinformation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/07/opinion/president-obamas-m...

Jack
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
BS

Barry won because his campaign was smarter, better organized and because he was the only one of the two qualified to be President of the United States!
I predict that four years from now, we'll be 50% more in debt than we are today.
economic policies that stress job growth, health care reform, tax increases and balanced deficit reduction

Is this supposed to be sarcasm?

Obama's policies have crippled job growth, prevented real health care reform and exploded deficits.

He won for a few main reasons:

1. He bought many tens of millions of votes with hundreds of billions borrowed from our children and grandchildren and doled out to his supporters - this included the bailouts, food stamps, unending unemployment benefits and promises of free healthcare. Of course, he has no plan to pay for it.

2. He won the racist vote from 95% or so of black voters.

3. He succeeded in winning over the vast majority of completely uninformed or economically illiterate voters who fail to understand the problem with running trillion dollar deficits and not having a budget.

Basically, he won due to a campaign of corruption, racism and bribery.

It's a sad day for all of America.

dave
No. of Recommendations: 0
I should also add that a bit of voter fraud might have pushed Obama over the top.

Good thing he blocked voter ID laws.

Dave
Obama's policies have crippled job growth, prevented real health care reform and exploded deficits.

The deficit's low then when he took office and economic growth and unemployment is WAY above what was to be expected, from the historic record, after such a massive financial crisis.
BS

I'd call it wishful thinking, but some interesting 'facts' in the article

Still, Mr. Obama’s victory did not show a united country. Richer Americans supported Mr. Romney, while poorer Americans tended to vote for Mr. Obama. There also remained clear divisions among voters by gender, age, race and religion.

African-Americans and Hispanics overwhelmingly supported Mr. Obama. White men voted for Mr. Romney; he won among those who said they opposed gay marriage, wanted to outlaw abortion, or favored mass deportation of illegal immigrants. None of those are majority positions in this country anymore.
. It was a repudiation of Reagan-era bromides about tax-cutting and trickle-down economics, and of the politics of fear, intolerance and disinformation.

Not for the 49% who voted for Romney.

intercst
I predict that four years from now, we'll be 50% more in debt than we are today.

I saw Karl Rove on Fox tonight. The same Karl Rove who insisted that Reagan proved that deficits don't matter. Since he's still a prominent GOP spokesperson, I can only assume that he stands by this claim.
He won the racist vote from 95% or so of black voters.

I wonder what percent of the Mormon vote Romney got? (hint: he got 75% of Utahans).

PS--I think the biggest reason Obama won at the very end was that finally average Americans were turned off by the lies of the Romney-Ryan campaign, particular the lie that he refused to work across the aisle. He had no trouble working with Republican Governor Christie, the first governor to endorse Romney.
I wonder what percent of the Mormon vote Romney got? (hint: he got 75% of Utahans).

PS--I think the biggest reason Obama won at the very end was that finally average Americans were turned off by the lies of the Romney-Ryan campaign, particular the lie that he refused to work across the aisle. He had no trouble working with Republican Governor Christie, the first governor to endorse Romney.

Are Mormons a race?

Well, it has become clear, that people preferred Obama's lies as opposed to Romney's.

It also has become clear it's not what they really do or believe that is important, but who plays a better shell game.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Hats off again to Obama for a big win.

I don't think that the President has been criticized for not working with Governors.

I really hope that he becomes more like Clinton and works with Congress. Whether it is in compromises or arm wrestling to fight for what he thinks is the best solution for the country. Obama has been isolated in working with the GOP, foreign leaders, as well as his own party.

I know he can be a better president than he has been.

Here is to a great next four years with President Obama!
It also has become clear it's not what they really do or believe that is important, but who plays a better shell game.

Is that what you would've said had Romney won?
Is that what you would've said had Romney won?

Yep
He won because he is the better man for the job.

Ken
It was a repudiation of Reagan-era bromides about tax-cutting and trickle-down economics, and of the politics of fear, intolerance and disinformation

The Southern strategy is now a minority strategy on the national stage. It is that simple.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Mitt is a very rich guy with 'White House' on his bucket list. He spent 6 years of his life, and millions of his own dollars pursuing that goal. He came darned close, but the message he delivered was simply not well received by enough voters. He exposed his willingness to change positions or say whatever he needed to say at any given moment a few times too often. That he alienated large numbers of women and minorities just added to his apparent disconnect with what America really looks like today.

In my view, his experience did little to prepare him for being President. Frankly, I think he would have been lost as to how to actually go about the job.

I am relieved.
No. of Recommendations: 5

Ya know...when you support a party that is approximately 90% white you really should be careful about playing the race card.
Obama won the racist vote from 95% or so of black voters.

Romney won 100% of the KKK vote.
erikinthered says

He won for a few main reasons:

1. He bought many tens of millions of votes with hundreds of billions borrowed from our children and grandchildren and doled out to his supporters - this included the bailouts, food stamps, unending unemployment benefits and promises of free healthcare. Of course, he has no plan to pay for it.

3. He succeeded in winning over the vast majority of completely uninformed or economically illiterate voters who fail to understand the problem with running trillion dollar deficits and not having a budget.

Basically, he won due to a campaign of corruption, racism and bribery.

It's a sad day for all of America.

Suck to lose, doesn't it?
No. of Recommendations: 2
St. Pat says

Hats off again to Obama for a big win.

I really hope that he becomes more like Clinton and works with Congress. Whether it is in compromises or arm wrestling to fight for what he thinks is the best solution for the country. Obama has been isolated in working with the GOP, foreign leaders, as well as his own party.

I know he can be a better president than he has been.

Here is to a great next four years with President Obama!

That's the handsomest post in this somewhat ugly thread.