No. of Recommendations: 4
Let me see. People are talking about all the things they have learned, the community, the prices of other products that they buy and similar things.

Interesting.

The knowledge: There is nothing that I have found at the Fool that I haven't found other places on the web in terms of knowledge. For that matter, everything that I find here and use I verify somewhere else (at least one location if not two) before I do use it/believe it.

The people: Certainly this is probably the best chance that TMF has for keeping their audience. However, the big question is whether or not people will just go to another location. For example, I already know multiple boards that have groups set up on Yahoo. So, I can still write notes to everyone that I know at a different location. I guess that isn't a reason to stay either.

The cost: It costs money to put up message boards. Well, of course it does. The fact that TMF can't sell enough ads to support message boards is surprising. I'm assuming that costs have gotten out of control. It seems like you can dump most of the messages that are older than a certain date (reduces storage cost), cut out people intensive activites (monitoring boards), cut out improvements (TMF shouldn't be in the business of reinventing message board technology, or am I not allowed to say that on the Improve the Fool board).

Other products: I pay that much for my ISP for a month or for cable or heck, I don't pay that much for my newspaper. Well, if we are going to compare products, why don't we compare products that are more similar. Other message boards. I don't pay for any of the other message boards that I go to.

See you guys over on Yahoo. :)

justpatrick
Print the post  

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.