Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 9
I am currently re-evaluating giving any advice on Motley Fool -- it's clear that the Gardiner outfit simply takes advantage of people with expertise in consumer finance areas to charge $29.95 to those who have been through fewer hard knocks.

I've noticed from touring other boards, that cyber-hecklers and troublemakers like LakersFan a/k/a "Nellie" are pretty much given free rein, and people who actually take the time to serve other "community members" are just supposed to put up with that.

Why stop at Post #1614? I think it is only right, that all the posts I've worked on should come down. It's very likely there won't be any more here from me, (why put up with Nellie's constant heckling and cheap shots, that aren't deleted by Motley Fool!) and this board will revert to a goofy, "hey I just passed the $40,000 paydown mark -- woo hoo!" nonsense board. You only need to read the first 30 or so from 1999 to see what you will get.

Take a look around at a lot of the other boards, people. The quality advice is few and far between. Most of the posts are just megaphone types, shouting to be heard. And an incredible amount of self-absorption and fan-club-ism. You actually have a number of grown adults trying to "out rec" each other with baloney posts. You probably wasted your $29.95. I know I'd never pay it.

So hopefully if the Motley people have any class and aren't just a bunch of users trying to float a rare profitable commercial enterprise based on the internet, they'll take all the posts I've done down.

Then you can read all the Nellie you like.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.