Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
Ya know, at one time I enjoyed posting on this board but now this place had degenerated to a point where I don't even feel like checking it every day anymore.

Someone asked why we don't start posting if we don't care to read certain people's posts. Ever since I was the source of ridicule and beratement by certain people around here I've lost my excitemnet factor for posting. Heck, posting here is an open invitation to a lawsuit, don't you know that?

I lost excitment for the Gardners when they allowed Mann to trash our company, and then this board when it turned into a dry economics lesson.

As much as I hate to admit it, I would rather put up with a lot of noise over at Yahoo! than the ghost town environment around here. I used to be proud at how we were able to discuss Sirius without the Waldo Popper aspect of our posters. (Yahoo! readers will understand) Now, when I meet people and turn them on to Sirius, I don't mention to read about the company here on the Fool board.

Why? Because if we try to be anything less than SERIOUS it turns into a slam session on the poster.

What the heck is wrong with discussions like addressing possible delays and how excited we all will be when the rocket does go up and what the first tests might be like and how the price will change based on the launch? So what if there is no logic to some people's posts. Hearing the inside thoughts of people sometimes puts things in a new perspective. We should try encouraging any posts that are authentic. I like to be entertained as well as informed. Just chatting about the stock is really, OK.

Problem is, we don't talk about topical issues here, if we so much as mention a negative opinion, there's people taking things personally and talk of lawyers getting involved. UGH!!!

Guess what, this is a message board. It's anonymous and open to the public. We have no idea who is lurking here...What we say may very well influence people's opinions. Would you want some reporter doing a story on us as investors in this company to get an insight in to SIRI investors from what they read here? I hope not.

I'm likely not getting my point across very well, so I'll conclude with the statement that people around here need to LIGHTEN UP. When we can start having fun around here, I'll be glad to post again. Otherwise, I'm going to imagine what a vacation to Tahiti might be like. We could all use a vacation.

Howard
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.