Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Why were you expecting a January launch? AMD never stated that. Someone faked some Navi model numbers with a CES launch. Turned out to be false. Is that your basis for "Navi issues"?

No. It is preety common knowledge by now that AMD has had to take one more mask revision cycle than they planned for Navi 10. Other Navi cores? My guess is that they also need the same revision, although scheduling may mean that some of them were far enough behind Navi 10 that their schedules were not affected. (I'm particularly thinking Navi 20 here.

However, if you want to see Lisa Su making statements, that is what happened. Initially she stated that Vega 20 was a compute only card, no consumer graphics card planned. A few months later, Vega 7 shows up, announced by Lisa Su. (When, as you point out some people were expecting Navi. I didn't expect the first Navi 10 products before March or April, and I am glad that AMD got pushed into shipping Vega 7.

Anyway we both expect Navi around July. Right?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.