Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
i bought xm over siri because of shares outstanding which is now 1.3 b v. 210 m. i bought after siri converted all their debt to stock and issued 900 million shares. that was a big hoot at the office as we watched both stocks closely at the time. xm was around 5 something too. the year was 2002. it started to rise to over 9 and i got in at that point. first time i ever had bought high risk. got in again at 12.50. watched it fly to 20 then drop like a rock to 2 something. but i held and should have bought more but had no cash. i have held and not tried to play the ebb and flows the highs and lows. i intended on holding a year for tax purposes and getting my investment back when it doubled. by sept of 2004, i got it back at three times and still have the 12.50 buy. so.... i am doing ok. i must admit, if i knew the way this stock moved i could have made an extreme killing buying and selling and buying back and selling. however, that goes without saying... uh... which i just did.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.