No. of Recommendations: 2
Occasionally I read articles by Cramer (thestreet.com). Partly for amusement, and partly to figure out what I ought not to do. It looks like this week he forgot whether he was pumping or bashing Lucent.

It probably isn't direct enough to get him into trouble. But it is plenty direct to make the point that you should be careful who you trust for financial advice.

August 3 2004 at: http://biz.yahoo.com/ts/040803/10176083_2.html
Lucent (NYSE:LU): How can this company be trading with Nortel (NYSE:NT) when it is doing better than Nortel with no accounting issues -- total transparency -- and better management? I own Nortel, just bought more, because I think it is doing better than people realize, but the price in Lucent is ridiculously compelling. Buy it, put it away, forget about it. It will come back.

August 9 2004 issue of New York Magazine available at: http://www.newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/news/bizfinance/columns/bottomline/9571/
Stop moaning about your losing stocks already. No one said you had to own deadbeats Intel and Cisco. Did anyone put a gun to your head to buy serial underperformers Lucent or Time Warner? What makes you think that Pfizer and Merck are coming back? Things go worse with Coke, trust me—another blue chip that stinks. S&P 500 index funds? Please.

-Joe
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.