Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3

It appears that this discussion has gotten off on the wrong foot.

To Our Friends In Canada: please understand that we at TMF have all heard horror stories about hype and dump posts that have badly burned investors. It wasn't until I went back and reviewed previous posts that I realized that we had solicited information on Wi-lan. Unfortunately the speed and enthusiasm of your response raised our caution flags. I believe that our concern about a Canadian stock was not due to any lack of respect for Canadian companies but to us realizing that information on a Canadian stock, on an unfamilar stock exchange would be difficult to obtain and therefore perfect for a "hype and dump" scheme. I don't think this has to be a US vs Canada thing. The last time I looked the US and Canada shared the largest undefended border in the world. Certainly we can share this board.

I appreciate the threads that you have supplied and would like to keep a discussion going on Wi-lan. I am a technological blockhead so I need the give and take of a good discussion to help me understand the product.
Can we start over?

Regards,

Greg
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.