No. of Recommendations: 0
I said a little while back, 'I no longer see America as a force for good'.
I'm far from being alone.
What's happened to your great country?

Perhaps just as worrying for Washington is the lukewarm support among western European allies. More Germans questioned in the YouGov survey voiced misgivings than trust in the US. Perhaps surprisingly, in view of past wariness, French opinion was somewhat warmer: just over half of the French poll respondents trusted America, against 40% who did not.

The so-called special relationship between the US and Britain emerged from the survey as distinctly lopsided. There was widespread American affection for its close ally, but the sentiment was only partly requited, reflecting deep British ambivalence about America's powerful role in world affairs.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/11/distrust-us-midd...

Regards

Tony
Print the post Back To Top
<<
What's happened to your great country?
>>

We let too many Brits into our country and way too many post on this message board!
We let too many Brits into our country

History clearly isn't your strong subject!

Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, John Adams, James Madison and Thomas Jefferson.

Regards

Tony
George Washington, John Adams, James Madison and Thomas Jefferson were born here.

Ben was adopted by the French....
Ben was adopted by the French....

They liked him, adoption is an entirely different legal procedure.

'Franklin' would have been more respectful.

He had never been to France when he signed the Declaration of Independence, up until that time he was an Englishman who became an American. Never a Frenchman.

Regards

Tony
<<
He had never been to France when he signed the Declaration of Independence, up until that time he was an Englishman who became an American. Never a Frenchman.
>>

Ben may have been born in England, he was never an Englishman.... He was American by culture and demeanor.... but he enjoyed being French, he detested the arrogance of the English.