No. of Recommendations: 0
My wife has recently left the teaching profession and is 37 years old. We want to take the 25K out of the Cal. State Teachers Retirement system due to it's single digit returns. We can take the money out without penalty.I'm a novice investor and would appreciate any comment or suggestions regarding where we can re-invest this money. Do I assume correctly that we can put this into a Roth account and into a vehicle that would do better than the single digit returns from the State Teachers System,

Thank you
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.