No. of Recommendations: 0
Here we go again. I thought I bookmarked the answer the last time this came up, but if so, I can't find it. I moved my modem and router to a better location for WiFi and it's not working like it should.

I have an older desk top computer that I mostly use for the internet. It's been set up before with modem connected to the cable internet, router connected to the modem and to the computer. If I plug the modem directly into the computer, I have internet access. If I connect the router to the modem and computer, I don't have internet access.

It seems like it was something pretty easy that fixed it last time, but I don't remember what it was. I've turned everything off and on in the right order several times. Lynksys EA6350 router.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.