No. of Recommendations: 4
Even if Mr. Bush is not re-selected, will he be able to walk away from the mess he's made and the billions he's cost and the human toll he's taken without any penalty?

Does anyone know what the process would be to bring him up on charges of treason and high crimes against this nation and the nation of Iraq?

He got us out of the World Court, in my opinion, to prevent anything of this kind being done by other countries (though he hid behind the skirts of the military and not wanting our soldiers prosecuted), but is there anything we, as a nation, can do to a former President (and his whole miserable administration) for the havoc they have brought upon us as a nation?

Any lawyers who know?

It seems a shame he could walk away with a fat pension and a guard paid for by us for the rest of his natural life.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
He got us out of the World Court

To get us out of the ICC, we'd first have to be in it.

No. of Recommendations: 1
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,52054,00.html

U.S. Officially Withdraws From International Criminal Court

Monday, May 06, 2002

WASHINGTON — The United States said Monday it wants nothing to do with a treaty creating the first permanent international war crimes tribunal, a decision immediately criticized by human rights groups and some lawmakers.

He got us out of the World Court

To get us out of the ICC, we'd first have to be in it.

What does the word 'withdraw' mean to you? When I say he got us out, that's exactly what I meant. You are nit-picky to the point of obtuseness.
What does the word 'withdraw' mean to you? When I say he got us out, that's exactly what I meant. You are nit-picky to the point of obtuseness.

I believe the Senate voted against it 98-1 or some such number before Bush even took office. All he did was reject the notion that he would continue negotiating for a treaty. I believe that Bush's stance has always been, we'll participate if US soldiers are exempted. It became clear this wasn't an option and so he withdrew from negotiations.

For us to be a part of the World Court as you stated it, the President would have to sign and the Senate confirm the treaty. That didn't happen.

Derek
No. of Recommendations: 5
U.S. Officially Withdraws From International Criminal Court

Gee, if Germany would have withdrawn from such a treaty would that mean that Hitler was immune?

Obviously the US expects everyone else to uphold international law but us.
Hopefully Kerry will reverse this nonsense and immediately submit Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld over for war crime trials.

Mish

All he did was reject the notion that he would continue negotiating for a treaty. I believe that Bush's stance has always been, we'll participate if US soldiers are exempted. It became clear this wasn't an option and so he withdrew from negotiations.

If you read the link, Rumsfeld demurred about not wanting to put our troops at jeopardy, yadda, dadda, same old, same old, hiding behind the military's skirts.

These chickenhawk cowards (if I guess right) didn't plan for much but I'll bet you a nice dinner out at a fancy restaurant they thought about saving their own chickenhawk necks if this thing went South. I don't believe for a minute this had a danged thing to do with saving our poor military. They've had over a grand of them slaughtered. I'll bet it had to do with making themselves a nice little escape route if the worst happened. And the worst is happening.

That's why I asked the original question.

They are a miserable, sniveling, cowardly, chickenhawish bunch of losers and I remember our Fearful Leader saying that Saddam deserved the 'ultimate punishment' (or somesuch) for what he had done.

Well, Fearful Leader, should that apply to you as well?
Fearful Leader saying that Saddam deserved the 'ultimate punishment' (or somesuch) for what he had done.

Well, Fearful Leader, should that apply to you as well?

Meaning (of course) a fair trial like Saddam will be getting.
They are a miserable, sniveling, cowardly, chickenhawish bunch of losers and I remember our Fearful Leader saying that Saddam deserved the 'ultimate punishment' (or somesuch) for what he had done.

Luv, I am shocked, shocked.
Shocked I am.
Shocked am I.
Your post is bordering on treason.
I take that back. It is treason.
Have you no sense of integrity or honor or duty or respect for your commander in chief?

We should be as respctful to Bush as Hitler's generals were to Hitler.
Should we not?
Wasn't that a great thing?

Wait a second.
That wasn't such a great thing was it?

Mish

immediately submit Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld over for war crime trials.

Be careful how you transport them. These guys will chew through hydraulic lines if you give em a chance.
Your post is bordering on treason.
I take that back. It is treason.
Have you no sense of integrity or honor or duty or respect for your commander in chief?

Has he earned it? Maybe I've missed something.
Hopefully Kerry will reverse this nonsense and immediately submit Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld over for war crime trials.

Fine, when do we turn Clinton over for Serbia, Bosnia, the Sudan, and that aspirin factory?
If there's any justice in this world Bush should spend the rest of his life sharing a cell with Saddam Hussein!!!

deejay7
If you read the link, Rumsfeld demurred about not wanting to put our troops at jeopardy, yadda, dadda, same old, same old, hiding behind the military's skirts.

Which you may recall is the exact same arguement that the Clinton admin made against the ICC.

These chickenhawk cowards (if I guess right) didn't plan for much but I'll bet you a nice dinner out at a fancy restaurant they thought about saving their own chickenhawk necks if this thing went South. I don't believe for a minute this had a danged thing to do with saving our poor military. They've had over a grand of them slaughtered. I'll bet it had to do with making themselves a nice little escape route if the worst happened. And the worst is happening.

Except that everyone has opposed it long before Bush was even President and war with Iraq wasn't on anyone's mind. The chief objection is that if the UN is going to require our services around the globe (Somalia, Yugoslavia, etc.) then they cannot subject our soldiers to the whim of every two bit banana republic with a grudge against the US.

Derek

Yes you did.
A mountain of sarcasm

Mish
mishedlo: "Hopefully Kerry will reverse this nonsense and immediately submit Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld over for war crime trials."

Just as when a new law is enacted, when a new court becomes available, enforcement can not be retroavtive.

What war crimes have they committed?

Veloci

Yes you did.
A mountain of sarcasm

Mish

This...

is sarcasm.