Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm stumped. I'm trying to figure out window treatments that would lighten up a log living room. I did have 24 inch tab top valance on a wooden rod--it's country blue and, to me, makes things look darker.

I bought ivory tab top 63 inch curtains today--major yuck. A teal and cream couch is in front of the window and between the length and the paler ivory making the cream in the couch look dirty--they're going back to the store tomorrow.

Just going with miniblinds seems too stark.

I'm thinking about ecru lace swag valence, or a solid deeper cream valance but neither hits me as that great. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. This is a room with log walls, stone fireplace, and sort of a mushroom carpet, and it gets little to no direct sunlight.

Any ideas?

KatieR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.