Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
The case ends with an unexpected Aurelius win -- although appeals are still possible it looks like that's it. After hours, UNIT -30%, WIN -57%. Ah well -- you win some, you lose some, and this one seems definitely in the second category:-(.

As for me, I think I'm going to hold on -- my UNIT position is in my 401k so recognizing losses would not help with taxes. And, who knows, Brad Thomas may still be right in his latest article on UNIT, https://seekingalpha.com/article/4241281-unlocking-value-hig... , that private equity deals will help UNIT diversify away from WIN while maintaining the dividend; however, even that bullish prediction by Thomas was based on anticipating a favorable outcome for the lawsuit. With WIN now likely to go bankrupt, it's not clear how things will develop, but they seem unlikely to develop positively.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.