Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I had my Bridgestone Blizzaks put on yesterday, three weeks earlier than usual. With the OE 18" BFG G-force TA's a Marauder can get stuck going downhill!

SB (oh well)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Have you seen the white stuff yet . . . oop dere?

6Spd, still on summer shoes
RE: 6: "Have you seen the white stuff yet . . . oop dere?"

It's snowed several times in the past two weeks, and some stayed for a few days, but there's nothing on the ground as we speak, although it has come down fairly hard at times again today.

Up here the first snow on the ground usually comes the 1st week in October and "permanent" snow the last week of November.

Back in 1991 the "Halloween Blizzard" dumped 2 feet plus that was with us through the whole winter.

SB (what the .... am I doing here?)

We had a light frost here one night last week.

GeeB, Doesn't live in Indiana anymore!
RE: 6: "the white stuff"

NOW, there IS snow on the ground.

SB (nonplussed, with his rwd/posi/Blizzaks)
No. of Recommendations: 1
We had a light frost here one night last week.

The low here was 61 the other night. Brrr.. ;)

Summer tires year round, baby!
I put the snow tires on 3 weeks ago.
I still got stuck last week!
AWD and snow tires do not help when the snow is deeper than the bottom of the car...
Whee
And so it begins, Blizzaks sighted, "Did you put yours on?" "I'm gettin' new Bilzzak!" "Why did they change the tread pattern on the Blizzaks?"

I thought with all this global warming that Gore is always blowing off about, that snow was never going to happen again.

In Atlanta we see it on RADAR way way up at the top of the screen, and on the ground for about 4 hours once a decade.

MrStockman . . . who owns a 16 year old snow shovel that's never been used.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Why are those from the warm states compelled to constantly remind everyone that they don't need snow tires or snow shovels? They have to bask in the glory of living in constant heat all year like they are the privileged few. Last I looked California, Texas, Florida are still open to those who want to move here. Well guess what? Some of us LIKE SNOW. LOVE SNOW EVEN! I wouldn't move from Colorado for anything. I love winters here, love the cozy fire, frosty air, going snow shoeing, skiing and sledding. Six months of no yard work!
We know other states are warmer and you can have them.
This is the Car and DRIVERS board. I imagine most everyone on here would probably prefer to hotfoot it around on sticky summer rubber all year rather than park their car for a winter beater, or handicap their car with snow tires for the "off"-season.

Yeah, it's hot where I live. We run the AC 363 days out of the year. I'll happyily take a jab at someone every once in awhile when they're dealing with snow headaches, rolling out the winter rubber, etc. You're just as welcome to razz me in August when it's 90% humidity and I sweat just walking outside to my car.

Truth be told, I'd prefer to have some of that colder weather any day now, just not the really cold stuff. I like winter, in small amounts, when I'm visiting.

Fool on!
It was snowing here this morning, and I've still got my summer perforance tires on (Kumho MX's). I'm going to delay another week or two, as a slight warm up is in the forecast. In any case, my Blizzaks are in the garage, ready to be pressed into duty! This will be my first season on snow tires, and while I have had four wheel drive in the past, I am pretty excited to be able to go AND stop!

PAK