Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 14
With all due respect, I've got to agree with the previous poster. I believe in the fundamentals of this company, but unrelated criteria can drive prices of a mid-cap up or down fairly quickly, as we've all seen. This is why I tried not to get in a p*ssing match with Saucey over short-term pricing... even my blind grandmother could tell you that CREE tracks with the Nasdaq, and Nasdaq has been a train wreck for the past 6 months or so. Contrary to what he thinks, anybody could have seen that coming.

What it means to be a long is that our FA tells us we'll beat the market over time, instead of over a selected period. CREE gave a big burst of adrenaline to momentum investors early this year. Hope they got out in time after the skyrocket phase, because I'm sure the rest was painful to watch. As for me, I'm still at a 3x multiple for the year on CREE.

Why am I still in? I did a large amount of DD so that I wouldn't have to get in and out of a new holding every 3 months or less. I believe the fundamental analysis hasn't changed since I got in, and the market analysis is looking even better. I've got one eye on technicals, but mostly disregard because I'm not looking for an exit point right now.

Anyway, to wrap up... the price may go down further still. There's no guarantee it won't. Over the long term, all indicators are that CREE should rise. It's a solid performer with disruptive technology in a beaten-down sector... 'nuff said.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.