Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
With regard to a financial planner I would say a fee ONLY planner from one of the following organizations is your best place to find someone with a legal fiduciary duty to make recommendations in your best interest. Fee based advisors may still have some conflict of interest involved. So I would go here: or

Garrett used to have a relationship with Motley Fool that some of their advisors gave a discount to Fool members. There used to be a reference to it on the Garrett site. I don't see that now but I'd ask anyway. You can search by state/zipcode.

I saw one in 2009 before retiring and was very satisfied with his guidance. But he left Garrett and I moved across country.

I also echo the use of an "Enrolled Agent" for the tax prep. Look here:
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.