Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
With your husband's familiarity with the details and years of filings to fall back on, I'd be inclined to try TurboTax...

However, since you're running a number of rentals, a conservative approach might be to stick with your tax preparer for 2017, but... run TurboTax alongside your official filing to test it out. That might cost you out a few extra bucks this year, but it would answer all your questions without risking your 2017 filing.

All that said, I used Turbotax to handle a single rental I owned a few years ago with no problems. Also... there is a considerable community of experienced users that can help you where needed. For example...

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.