Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
I have given this a lot of thought and have been discussing with both Bogey and Twitty my reasons for withdrawing my name from the Feste award list of nominees. This is not an easy decision, but a necessary one based on my own personal beliefs and I believe I'm making the right decision.

Bogey and Twitty both did a great job both before and after my decision, so don't y'all say nuthin' 'bout them, OK?

I could never thank y'all enough for having nominated me for this award!! Y'all're awesome!!

My apologies if I upset anyone by my decision, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

Again, I thank all of y'all for your support.

Sincerely,

ßillƒ
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
I thought the whole Feste thing was already done? If not, can I have Bill's spot on the list? I'm really depressed today.

I thought the whole Feste thing was already done? If not, can I have Bill's spot on the list? I'm really depressed today.

This always works for me when I'm down.

http://www.mwscomp.com/sounds/mp3/brghtsd.mp3

swimdad
No. of Recommendations: 0
Oops.

Don't you hate it when this happens, Jerry?

No. of Recommendations: 1
I thought the whole Feste thing was already done? If not, can I have Bill's spot on the list? I really have no other means for a shot. Just ask the brilliant posters on GMS.

HOGr

Jerry would never have screwed that up. It must be Denny.

No. of Recommendations: 4
Just ask the brilliant posters on GMS.

--------------------

When did GMS get brilliant posters?

CaveGirl

And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids.

Dennis

CaveGirl
................o~'o

Quiet you.

HOGr ...politicing

=============================

Sorry, but Jerry's been doing that for at least five years now, that I know of.

BK
oops.
No. of Recommendations: 11
My apologies if I upset anyone by my decision, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

Again, I thank all of y'all for your support.

Sincerely,

ßillƒ

For whatever your reasons to which are important to you in making your decision, remember that those supporting you do so because you are you: a fine poster and an asset. That you have decided to no longer be a Feste nominee does not change this. You are held in high regard and your decision, for what reason you decided to step aside, does not change that a whit.

MichaelR

For whatever your reasons to which are important to you in making your decision, remember that those supporting you do so because you are you:...

Thank you MichaelR! That's all I could ever ask from y'all.

ßillƒ

e-mailed and posted

Bill? :o(
Hey Kerrie,

Bill? :o(

Sorry Hon, there were some things that happened recently on TMF that I didn't agree with. I had to take a stand if I were to believe that that's what I actually believed in. Do you know what I mean Hon?

I could never say I was sorry enough if you were so upset about this that you didn't want to speak with me again. But I would understand.

It was a hard decision for me to make, but I had to. Thankfully both Twitty and Bogey were able to discuss this with me and help me figure out which way I needed to go. They valiantly defended TMF's honor and presented a very respectable defense for their position in this matter. I don't think they were happy with my decision, but they supported me nonetheless.

That's all I can hope for now from anyone on TMF.

Take care Hon!

Bill

e-mailed and posted
No. of Recommendations: 4
Sorry Hon, there were some things that happened recently on TMF that I didn't agree with. I had to take a stand if I were to believe that that's what I actually believed in.

Good luck, Bill. You've gotta follow what you believe in--that's all any of us can do, really. I hope you chose a worthy cause for yourself and I hope the decision works out for you in the long run. Disappointing though your resignation is, I wish you well.

The only thing I'll hold you accountable for is if your resignation as the odds-on favorite ends up resulting in the un-Lucci-ing of MichaelRead's claim to the Feste. If he wins, we'll never see the end of stories about his boat.

--WP
The only thing I'll hold you accountable for is if your resignation as the odds-on favorite ends up resulting in the un-Lucci-ing of MichaelRead's claim to the Feste. If he wins, we'll never see the end of stories about his boat.

--WP

I can't imagine what that would be like.
No. of Recommendations: 12

CaveGirl

Believe us, it's not easy acting that stupid.

But it seems to be keeping you away, so you can bet we'll keep it up.

mick
Hey Bill,

Had you won, you could have made a difference and changed things that concern you to a degree perhaps, but, having read some of your recent posts and those of some others, I think I understand where you're coming from. For a community or society to survive and thrive, worthwhile people are needed in worthwhile positions. This was the reason I wished you to win the Feste. anniesdad is another community member that I would like to see win this position, but, if given the opportunity, I think I might would vote for MichaelRead and entrust him with trying to help fix some things in the disgusting, er discussion, boards, with hope.

Take care.

Best regards,
Bob

--WP

What boat? Oh that boat.

MichaelR

No. of Recommendations: 3
Though I admit to a certain amount of disappointment, I realize that (incredibly!) it is not about me.

Of course the decision is yours, and of course you have my admiration and respect regardless of your decision. As far as I am concerned, the award would have been mere public acknowledgement of what most of us know (or should) to be true in any case: you are an asset to this community.

So -- congratulations anyway. You deserve them.

scary
I could never say I was sorry enough if you were so upset about this that you didn't want to speak with me again. But I would understand.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Bill

WHAT THE.......?

Although saddened to see you take this step, you are still YOU and respect you for speaking up for your beliefs.

The Feste isn't going to interfer with friendship.

You silly sausage! :o)

KEZ
No. of Recommendations: 3
Of course the decision is yours, and of course you have my admiration and respect regardless of your decision.

Thank you Scary and everyone else who has shown their support both online and offline! It means a lot to me!!

ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 6
<< Of course the decision is yours, and of course you have my admiration and respect regardless of your decision.>>

Thank you Scary and everyone else who has shown their support both online and offline! It means a lot to me!!

ßillƒ

I have no idea what you're talking about.

swimdad
No. of Recommendations: 9
<< Of course the decision is yours, and of course you have my admiration and respect regardless of your decision.>>

ßillƒ

I have no idea what you're talking about.

swimdad

Mr. ƒ was about to prove that the Feste can be won by a nice guy who doesn't goof on other posters to become popular. For the sake of preserving the reputation of The Feste as Mr. ƒ perceives it, he backed out, indirectly putting down the other nominees in the process.

Oh, the ironing of it all.
Mr. ƒ was about to prove that the Feste can be won by a nice guy who doesn't goof on other posters to become popular. For the sake of preserving the reputation of The Feste as Mr. ƒ perceives it, he backed out, indirectly putting down the other nominees in the process

In that case the award should just default to me.