Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Without trying to get too political with your post, Activision, Inc. is probably one of the best video game companies out there currently. I'm thinking the only game that Activision has made that you could be referring to is Call of Duty. Being a player of several Activision games, I can honestly say that Call of Duty is probably one of the least violent of the popular shooters out there (other than Destiny). The reason being is that where the game is so fast-paced and very focused on getting the kill as fast as possible (especially on multiplayer) it is very hard to notice the death of that player, as you respawn very fast.

My problem with this controversial topic of Activision's games and other violent shooting games are lowering the sensitivity of killing people is that the game is designed to be a realistic arcade game. The game isn't intended and/or made to enjoy in the killing of other people and watching them die, it's more like a sport in using powerful weapons to satisfy a score streak within the game. Think of Asteroids, Pac-Man, etc.. These games are designed for you to want to beat your high score or try to get through the game farther than you did the time before. Essentially, you're selling the stock based on a foundation of games that were made from the past which were combined to make it realistic, and this worries you that this will make killing people more likely in real life.

The one question I have for you about this post is what benefit do you have of leaving now? Activision has been publishing Call of Duty and games similar to it for years now, wouldn't you have had to buy the stock when they were still publishing these games? And if you haven't made this decision of selling your stock yet, you might want to consider keeping it or buying more, as they are about to put out new games that might increase the shares of stock and allow for more profit for you.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.