Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm doing the RM analysis on Warner Lambert (the new spreadsheet has really spurred me on to check some things out). Hoovers lists their top competitors as Bristol-Myers, Gillette, and Merck. Who would be the best to use? Using Gillette, they pretty much come out looking pretty darn good (in fact, this is how I came to research them. I was actually checking out Gillette, and they got whacked in the Monopoly status categories by WLA). But if razors and the like aren't their main gig, and I don't think they are, then perhaps they should be better compared to one of the pharmas. This makes sense since 2 of the 3 competitors listed were pharmas, too. Anyway, I know there was some discussion about which competitor to use when the RM daily talked about Gap. They decided that maybe you should compare all reasonable competitors, and use the strongest one against your company. I'd rather find the one that is the closest in business competition. Is Merck probably the one? Thanks in advance for any help, or any thoughts from someone who has already done this analysis.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.