No. of Recommendations: 1
wolferd1,

but I just wanted to check and see if anyone here has been using the passport external drive, and, if so, what has your experience been with it.

Not the "passport", but I've been using Western Digital's "Elements" 500GB drives for over 3 years now with no problems. These also use the USB connection for power, which I see as an advantage. I'm using the drives for backups and keeping them off-site in a safe deposit box, so not having a separate power supply means I don't have to worry about either keeping a power supply in the safe deposit box or finding one if something happened to them. Also I can move the hard drive from computer to computer, and just have to plug in the USB cord. Don't have to lug a power supply around or find an outlet to plug it into.

Phil
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.