Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Mother who was saved after floating out to sea on a lilo [air mattress] for 21 hours reveals how she survived a storm and the thought of her family stopped her from letting herself die

She had gone for a swim at the beach despite a 'yellow' weather warning flag and without telling her family - who thought she was in the spa.

Desperately clinging to the airbed, she suffered hypothermia at night, and was then fried by piercing sun after daybreak.

'It was truly horrible at night, all sorts of thoughts flashed across my mind, and the storm was outrageous.'

'This made me keep going. I had to fight until the very end. I kept trying to overcome my gloomy thoughts.'

There was another fear too - sharks or other threats lurking in the deep.

At 10.40 our aircraft located the missing person, floating on an air mattress, nine nautical miles from Rethymno and one nautical mile from the coastline close to Lavris.

'A Hellenic Coast Guard vessel was dispatched and rescued the 55 year old female who had been in the sea for about 20 hours '

Mrs Kuldo needed hospital treatment for exposure and resulting heart problems.

More at:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5945389/Mother-saved...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.