Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Woohoo, AmericanIdle! <3 Maff teechas are hot! LTNS! :)

Just stumbled across this thread, are we talking about the Love of MATH?

Oh my word, I LOVE Math! Professors. Math Professors. I <3 Maff. :)

I can prove it: when I attempted another go at finishing my college degree yet again, I took a pre-calculus course in Fall 2008 ... I failed it, but I'll blame it on the shockingly hot and sexy Archimedes-like professor!

Seriously, I had the hots for him.

I never had a score higher than 54 on his tests, can't remember what I got on the midterm and final, but I survived the drop out rate in his late night class (enrollment of about 30, reduced to I think just 6 or 7 students by the last weeks). I always had enthusiasm and a smile, despite being miserably incompetent. I think he must have somehow liked me back a bit despite my utter failure academically, which is why he gave me a passing score of a D- for the class. (In fairness, I think he was afraid of me taking his class again and was terrified of me retaking his course.) Or it could be that I was one of the students that fought the hardest to stay awake for the entire class, each night (classes ended every night about 9:30 PM, tough on most students). Coffee and using lots of colored pencils and highlighters (sniffing them I suppose) helped me to stay motivated and energetic.

Quite possibly, I think he gave me an "A" for effort despite being the worst student that made it to the very last day of class.

Misc.: on a related topic - someone just said "statistics" somewhere on this board, right? - an unintentionally funny math-related thread on LBYM that I posted summer of 2008.

http://boards.fool.com/poll-pre-calculus-or-statistics-fall-...

I miss those wonderful "Back to School" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090685/ type of days.

- Slowlythere

P.S. Almost forgot the professor (maybe technically non-tenured instructor, I don't know this collegiate mumbo jumbo) I stalked in June 2007 who finally got his math doctorate. He was hot, too, in that strange type of Professor Terguson (Sam Kinison) a la "Back to School" type of academic. Once that course was completed, I never saw him on campus, again. Was it me? :)

http://boards.fool.com/prof-got-getting-his-phd-25598730.asp...

P.P.S. Just because I like math does not mean I am good at it.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.