Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 18
Rick Wilson went off on a Twitter tear this morning and lit up the TwitterSphere, beginning by noting that "the governors of two of the largest states are letting COVID burn because muh freedumb plays to an audience of a network owned by a crank Aussie billionaire," before moving on to senator Grassley's floor speech yesterday defending former president Trump's constitutionally-protected right to overthrow American democracy, then Rand Paul's plea to defeat COVID-19 by joining the resistance, the GOP fundraising griftmachines "bleeding granny of her social security checks due to dark pattern UI designs," Danny Bongdildo "launching a new payment service (FashBux? NazPay? Qelle? DickCoin?)," and describing Ted Cruz as "the perfect slurry of oleaginous, delusional, and cynical."

He taunts republicans for their insistence that the best government is local government unless local government wants mask mandates and that local school districts and local health departments must be controlled by the governor when they make life-saving decisions he opposes.

Wilson also notes that "2028 GOP presidential nominee Tucker Carlson spent a week politically fellating the dictator of Hungary" which just a few short years ago would have killed his career but somehow he still lives on at Fox News. (HINT: because Fox News viewers love autocrats... as long as they're oppressing people of color or women... and are fully onboard the "My Body, My Choice" train except for women considering an abortion.)

Thread: https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1425054985239339072...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I myself have called Cruz smarmy, but I like the 'oleaginous' descriptor even better for its onomatopoeic qualities and all of its syllables, of course.

Pete
No. of Recommendations: 0
I muted Wilson for amplifying statements from TFG and helping him evade the Twitter ban.

Your mileage may vary.