Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
As I waited for the bus this morning, I was reading RB,RM. Also waiting at the bus stop was a disheveled street person- ratty clothes, unshaven, etc. He asked me what I was reading. I held up the book and said it was about investing in the stock market. And he replies, slightly slurring his words:

"The way to invest in the stock market is, you put together some money, say a thousand bucks, that you don't need right now, and you put it in some stock, and you forget about it for five years or so. That's the way to make some money."

Foolishness is everywhere, my friends.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Jacob,

Great story! It makes me realize we didn't even deserve the book deal!

It's great to see the spread of common sense.

Hope you're enjoying the book,

Tom
No. of Recommendations: 0
Tom,

Congrats on your 1000th post, and welcome to BigRedStarDom. I beat you here.

:-)

Lou
Let's see who gets to 5,000 first! Hehe. You're goin down.

Thanks!

Tom

Let's see who gets to 5,000 first! Hehe. You're goin down.

Thanks!

Tom

OK, here is my first post Tom, only 999 behind.
A Fool Forever!

Larry
Larry,

Welcome! If you are truly a Fool, then you'll agree that quality beats quantity. We'll be building metrics in to reward members for quality posts! I'm sure you'll rank up there immediately. Welcome to the community, Fool.

Tom
Tom and David,

I just got finished reading Rule Breakers/Rule Makers and a friend suggested I come to this web site. I am really glad to see that you two are communig with us common Fools, and not just trying to sell off your books. I can definitely say, I am glad to be a Fool. Thank you.

Adam
Icefool99
IceFool,

Welcome to Fool.com. I think you'll find that the community dialogue here about saving and investing is far more rewarding than our simple book! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Fool on, Fool.

Tom
I can't wait to get my first star, Hey Thanks for the book

Sheri