Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
I've been busy but it's all been good stuff, so I'll take it.

T and I are holding our breath, waiting for the anticipated announcement of his huge promotion, coming about 3 years before we expected it. We've known about it for 3 weeks without being able to tell anyone.

It will go out either today or tomorrow, and I just want it to happen already.

He'll work more hours with it, so we actually took a weekend to decide whether or not it was something we wanted to make work. Then it took a week to hammer out the $$ details, so it's been an interesting ride.

The hardest part was the timing - we really didn't anticipate the move up for another few years. It's a good move for his career, it's great $$ wise for us, but the additional time he'll need to spend at and on work is not something we thought we'd need to worry about until we had one kid off at college.

Bottom line: we thought the uptick in hours would come with a downshift in kid-related responsibilities, and that's not what happened.

So might be a rough-ride at ol' Casa de impolite once things move along. Our guts tell us that kid stuff, which right now is a decent 50/50 split, will become closer to 70/30 weekdays, 50/50 weekends. Yikes.

impolite
will be driving even more
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.