Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I know it's a long shot but I was wondering if anybody here knew if WoO was going to be on TNN this year.
Print the post Back To Top
The WOO just finalized their 2002 schedule the end of January. I would guess they are negotiating with TNN or somebody, but the subject of tv coverage is conspicuous by its absence.

When you see some of the subjects that merit regular tv coverage, it's always surprised me that dirt track racing, especially Sprint Cars, hasn't been able to attract an audience.

I'm working with some people who have connections to WOO, and I'll let you know if I hear anything.
I know it's a long shot...

=======================================================================

You might ask our resident swami, Raggmopp, to look in his crystal ball.

UncleLee

P.S. The WoO belongs on TNN, if one were to ask me.
You might ask our resident swami,
===*===

That's resident salami, Unk. I know nothing of World of Outlaws.

Raggmopp
Resident Salami
RE: "The WoO belongs on TNN, if one were to ask me."

Thanks. I'll remember that in case one ever wants to ask.
The WoO belongs on TNN, if one were to ask me.

I think they should put it on primetime, right after "Shootin' in the Woods," and just before "Jackin' Up the Half-ton."

5Speed, sees TV now and then.
RE: "The WoO belongs on TNN"

I guess the WOO is more for people who actually go to the race track than those who prefer their racing in sanitzed tv form.

I think they should put it on primetime, right after "Shootin' in the Woods," and just before "Jackin' Up the Half-ton."

I know that TNN isn't exactly the best station around but if they show Outlaws I'm going to watch TNN. Outlaws don't come locally anymore so I can either travel 7 hours or watch it on TV. TNN has added plenty of value for the racing community, and they were showing NASCAR when none of the big stations would dare show that "redneck" stuff. Now that they lost NASCAR due to the growing popularity of it they have more room to show sprint car races which is obviously good for the sport.
===*===

I doubt that the new owners of TNN [MTV of all people] are gonna stick to the old format. I understand it's gonna be called The National Network and that they've already dropped Grand Ol' Opry from the schedule.

Raggmopp

I want my TNN (The Nashville Network) back!

There is nothing like sitting at the track watching the World of Outlaws and choking on the dust on a hot summer night but if you can't be there the next best place is TV.

Sad to say even the NASCAR coverage is terrible now that ESPN is no longer involved.

Hope Hagerstown is on a Saturday night this season.

Go Steve Kinser!

Cathy
From what I was able to determine yesterday, the Outlaws have been hung out to dry this season, tv-wise. Perhaps Speedvision or somebody will pick up some shows, at least on tape delay.

I like WOO Because Sprint Car racing is auto racing stripped to its most basic elements. The car itself consists of Engine/Driver/Tire(s).
Since the whole car drives off the outside rear tire, which can be up to 20" bigger around than the inside rear, it almost amounts to a motorized unicycle! Put em on a 3/8 mile dirt track, can't get much more basic than that.

When you see all the odd "sports" that merit coverage, its hard to believe that Sprint Cars can't draw an audience. Maybe all the fans are at the REAL racetrack?

PS: With all due respect to Steve Kinser, my favorites are Donny Schatz (raced locally), Sammy Swindell (I like his attitude), and my historical favorite Doug Wolfgang.

Sammy and Doug are awesome but Steve is my favorite. We all have our favorites. I just got to meet mine at a race years ago and was hooked! Autographed picture is one of my most treasured possessions!!!!! Was a great race and an awesome 35th birthday!

Cathy
Steve is my favorite. We all have our favorites. I just got to meet mine at a race years ago and was hooked! Autographed picture is one of my most treasured possessions!!!!!

Steve Kinser is a class act. Went to a race when I was still growing up, somebody else won besides Kinser, after the race, went up to Kinser wasn't crowded I guess because he didn't win. I handed him my program to autograph it and he offered me his hat. I had him autograph that too. I have 3 autographed hats, actually, Jac Haudenschild, Lealand McSpadden, and Steve Kinser. It's always good to see a big winner have a good attitude toward the fans, I couldn't say I find Swindell pleasant, though.

Years ago Swindell bumped a low budget team driver and made him crash. The next day Swindell received a pie in the face by that driver's wife. I forgot who it was that he hit.
From what I was able to determine yesterday, the Outlaws have been hung out to dry this season, tv-wise. Perhaps Speedvision or somebody will pick up some shows, at least on tape delay.

Too bad.

Thanks for checking.