No. of Recommendations: 3
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 6
The cookie recipe is actually very good (I've tried it), but unfortunately, this is an urban legend, so we don't get to screw any big corporation.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Let's all rec the original post so that it gets maximal exposure.
No. of Recommendations: 5
This goes around fairly often - I believe that this is classic example of an Urban Legend.
No. of Recommendations: 1
The cookie recipe is actually very good (I've tried it), but unfortunately, this is an urban legend, so we don't get to screw any big corporation.

Upon reading the recipe more closely, it sounds like one of the Mrs. Field's Cookies recipes with the hunks of grated chocolate bar in it. Since I've never been to Neiman-Marcus (and never plan to go), I couldn't vouch for the recipe personally.

Does Sharper Image, Tiffany's, or Nordstrom's have cookies?
ezo said:

This goes around fairly often - I believe that this is classic example of an Urban Legend.

Ah, let's screw 'em anyway...and Horchow too. :-)
No. of Recommendations: 3
Subject: Cookies and Justice For All!

Whew...I'm starting to feel old here. I remember making these cookies back in 1994 for my 4 year old daughter..just to try the recipe.

Story was the same back then as well...

Good cookie recipe, but the story is an urban legend.

http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/cookie.htm

This Urban Legend has been around long before the Internet....
Not this again! It is an urban legend.

UKBB
This is truly a legend - I remember it from years ago...sounds good though, doesn't it?

I like the cookies too.

Regards.

walbet
This is an urban legend and has been around, in one form or another, *for years*.
No. of Recommendations: 2
The urban legend red flag is the THIS IS A TRUE STORY.
If something is really true, the reader can judge for him/herself.
Also, normally people don't assume others are lying. The only person who would know before it's told that the story is a lie is the storyteller, who reveals his/her hand by volunteering a defense to an attack no one has made.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Does Sharper Image, Tiffany's, or Nordstrom's have cookies?

Oooh, what would Sharper Image cookies do? Give you x-ray vision ater you ate them?
No. of Recommendations: 4
PLEASE FWD THIS...to all cookie lovers.

I'm going to send a copy to Craig Shergold. I heard he's collecting cookie recipes these days instead of Get Well cards. Oh, and another copy goes to Bill Gates so he'll give me a billion dollars.

THIS IS A TRUE STORY

Well then, it must be true if an anonymous emailer says so.
This is an urban legend and has been around, in one form or another, *for years*.

Call me naive--this is the first time I've ever seen or heard this one! As for the recipe...I think I'd try lowering the fat before actually making them.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I made these cookies about ten years ago the first time I got the recipe. They are good, but I found that the extra effort to blend the oatmeal and grate the chocolate bar weren't worth it. They really aren't any better than the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag.

See for yourself,
lorips
urban legend. same goes for waldorf's red velvet cake.
CAN SOMEONE POST THE RECIPE?!?! I wanna try these cookies!
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=15102102

TMFTippyK apologized to me personally for pulling my post (even though it amounted to well-spread spam)...she said she meant to hit "next" and hit "delete" instead. See the above link to get a copy, courtesy of Lem Lawrwnce.
"Call me naive--this is the first time I've ever seen or heard this one! As for the recipe...I think I'd try lowering the fat before actually making them."

But those kind of changes take the fun out of cookies.

I remember a friend of mine once brought some low-fat cookies to work. She was eating them and complaining about the taste, and she gave me an opening I'd been waiting a year to use.

She asked, "What's missing in these cookies?"

I responded, "The fat."

I know it's petty and obvious, but it needed to be said.

Benevolent
Who wants back all the fat that food companies took out of his desserts
For those of you interested in urban legends, let me recommend two books by Richard Roeper, "Urban Legends" and "Hollywood Urban Legends." He's a Chicago Sun-Times columnist. I have not read his books, though his columns are entertaining. But I read an excerpt in the paper, and it sounded quite good.

Benevolent