Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Washington State (and several other states) set up health insurance exchanges instead of the Federal gov't Obamacare website. WA State's website (www.wahealthplanfinder.org) is reputed to be successful.

Unfortunately, this web site is "Not Found" more often than it can be accessed.

I was notified in Dec. 2013 that an invoice was waiting for me at www.wahealthplanfinder.org for billing for January 2014. I was not able to access www.wahealthplanfinder.org for 2 weeks but finally they got it back up. I entered the routing and account number for our checking account on January 10. I received an acknowledgement that the invoice was paid with a confirmation number.

To date, the money has not been withdrawn from our checking account. How can the health care exchange pay our health insurance bill if the money was not taken out of our account?

I e-mailed Customer Assistance but just received the following e-mail response:

Thank you for contacting Washington Healthplanfinder. If you have submitted a general question about Washington Healthplanfinder or the new health care coverage options available, we will reply to your message within 3-5 business days.

Unfortunately we are unable to respond to requests to troubleshoot application errors or new applications. To process these requests requires you to provide us personally identifiable information, which we do not accept via email at this time. If you are experiencing problems with your application, please contact our Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633. You can also get help from a certified assister that works in your community by clicking "customer support" and searching for a Navigator or Broker at http://www.wahealthplanfinder.org/.

I will phone the number tomorrow but I would be AMAZED if anyone was able to help, or even if a human being answered the phone at all. When I went to www.wahealthplanfinder.org to search for a "certified assister" it was "Not found" again.

I am afraid that I will lose my health insurance because NOBODY WILL TAKE MY MONEY even though I have received acknowledgement of payment.

The incompetence of this roll out is truly staggering.

Wendy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.