Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Worth pointing out that Nokia has also grown its cash pile as has (although the numbers are much much smaller) ARM.

Although the article got removed due to copyright restrictions, I thought it was an appropriate follow up to my previous post about the gorillas gathering their coconuts and bananas during the thin times to come out on the other side of a recession in pretty good order. Hopefully, the link I provided to the same article at SI will work for those who want to read it. In specific, that post was about Redback and the consolidation process within the gear provider industry. The article did a nice job of taking a look at how Cisco, Microsoft, Intel, Dell and Oracle have been building cash and gathering all of their chestnuts during these weaker lean years.

I haven't seen any of the cash numbers for Nokia or ARM, but imagine that throughout the technology space the survivors for the longer term are all doing the same - be they gorillas or kings.

BB
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.