Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Would it kill them to find someone with a passing familiarity with the sport to be the primary commentator? How can he do a play-by-play when he doesn't even know the names of the skills. He just sounds stupid. Not that former gymnasts always sound all that great - parts of the commentary are just annoying no matter who says them (like the fifth or sixth time they pull out Belu's quote about teaching his gymnasts how to work hard, then compete, then win) - but at least they know what they are talking about.

What get's me is how much he (and the others) seem to miss. On a couple of the balance beam routines, I counted several balance corrections; none major, but they were there, and certainly deducted from the score. But the commentators were criticizing the judges for give a low score to such a well executed routine. Makes me wonder if they were even watching the same routine.
(also makes me realize that I've watched a hell of a lot of this stuff, that I can pick that up from the TV)

David
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.