Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I never expected the womans marathon to be a riviting event. In fact, I never thought any marathon would be a riviting event. But this morning, I turned on the tv and watched the entire marathon.

I am not a runner. I admire those who can do marathons, but I know nothing about style, techinique, strategy, or pacing. It was amazing to watch these women run for 2 something hours. The leader made it look so effortless and only seemed to struggle at the end.

All I can say is WOW!

Shadbus
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
It was very impressive. The American who got the bronze got me to tear up as I watched her emotional last lap.

Charlie
Hubby was really struck by Paula Radcliffe (GBR) who quit with about 3 miles to go. He was really moved by all the people who kept encouraging her to go on.

It was really nice to see all the people on the sidelines just cheering for all the athletes as they came by, that held true in the stadium too as everyone was greeted with applause as they came in. NBC even showed the last runner to finish, which I thought was really cool. Usually you don't care about showing that or even mentioning it, but it really made the whole viewing experience more humanizing.

=) Megan
The American who got the bronze got me to tear up as I watched her emotional last lap.

Me too - another of my favorite moments of these Games so far.

No. of Recommendations: 1
I'm happy that the American woman got a medal, but most of all I felt sorry as hell for Paula Radcliffe. To have had all that trouble in the Olympics over the years, convert to an event that she has totally dominated, and invest all that emotional energy only to have the dice come up snake eyes yet again has got to be hard to take, and as we all could see, she didn't take it well at all. I'm afraid we may have seen the last of Paula Radcliffe in running.