No. of Recommendations: 7
WOW! Gonna be 200/mo after 3 months of being a 1/2 price BETA tester. I thought they were supposed to "pay you" for BETA testing! (o:

Hard to properly justify that cost, just for an ISP. (I remember $10/mo Adelphia cable internet... good job.) Sorry, but I can't see that as a responsible way to spend money... personally.

PL

Um .... actually that is for the whole bundle including hundreds of TV channels and our three digital TV boxes (two of them wireless) and our home phone. In fact the TV is a larger piece of the total cost than the ISP part of it but cheaper than a divorce if my wife can't get her fav shows. }};-@

Also I got the 3 month price for the full two years in order to get me to switch from Eastlink (even though I had every intention of switching ;-). I have no idea where you got the bit about BETA testing, Fibe is well established in Canada though not everyone can get it yet though they are working on it.

As to a "responsible way to spend money" I am long retired, 70, debt free, paid cash for my new car in Feb, bought my condo with cash, receive four pensions (one or I suppose two of them for 27 years in the military) from the federal government (my wife gets two), don't have to worry about serious healthcare expenses (Canadian eh!), have two daughters that I put through a couple of masters degrees each who both make far more money than I ever dreamed of with five grandkids and a grandpuppy (Havenese that we often puppysit), savings that would keep me going without my pensions (highly unlikely) for five years and feel spending for high speed internet is my business. }};-D

Tim
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.