Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Wow, I am still not sure where to go so I will give this one more stab.

I really do believe that Incyte is a potential Gorilla candidate. They are in competition with CRA and others.
What differentiates INCY from the others (IMO) is that INCY has an accepted product, licensed by 75% of the top pharm companies in the world. Sorry but I have searched for an hour and I can not find the link.

INCY has patent application on thousands of genes and has been awarded approx 700 or so to date (again I am going on recollection). INCY will collect royalties off any drug developed from their gene database. Patent protection, royalties, interem license fees. Sounds like a gorilla candidate to me. On the other hand, as I said earlier, many of these companies are acting like Godzillas (roaring skyward but no proven profits in site).

I believe one or two drugs is all it will take for INCY to start reaping huge profits.

Consider also GERN. GERN has patents on cloning! I have no idea how valuable this is but my guess is immeasurable. Gorilla candidate, you bet. However, it clearly has not crossed the chasm. In addition, GERN is not a one trick pony. They are also doing stem research, and have some patents in potential anti-aging drugs, another holy grail! While we wait for practical applications to cloning, a big hit on anything else will cause this baby to skyrocket. I realize this thought is a big, big, deviation from Gorilla theory, but if their chance of success were only 30%, the potential rewards might just merit a bit of risk capitol. At any rate, it certainly is a stock worth watching.

Comments?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.