Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
WOW---I just checked the Board and "whew" I'm amazed (and learned alittle)in the responces...FYI Squark, Guilder may not be a 'on the frontier scientist'...but not many of us FOOL'S are. Surely you can see, as Alan so politely and adeptly pointed-out, Gilder is niether a funds manager nor a 'cutting-edge' reasearch scientist----He's an effective communicator that understands enough science to know the difference between an electron and a neutrino, but more importantly he is able to "paint tech. advances into a mural of our global societies future" and thus help many of us Ordinary FOOLS to see more clearly the subjects and activities portrayed in that mural. Granted, his writing style is abit unique, as well it ought to be---It is his 'signature' as an author! I believe we should all be able to acknowledge the contributions that Gilder, Johnson,et.al. give to us in our personal investor journeys, NOT OUR OWN SCIENTIFIC JOURNEYS (we can leave that for the scientists),...Most of us are journeying as investing FOOLS.....In the meantime--THANKS for your dialogue and insight---It's helpful. And I'll add that your knowledge is more than alittle humbling from this surgeon's point of view. Caio, Cary
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.