Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Wow, I'm feeling rather lucky based on the issues you guys encountered. Mine powered up on the first try, and within 5 minutes I had my CPU running at a 4.8 GHz base clock with memory at 3200 MHz. Idle temps of 28-30C, and the max I've seen was around 50. I tried all the new stuff for this build too - water cooler, M.2 NVMe boot drive, etc. I actually ended up buying all of my parts through Amazon. Prices seemed to be on par with everywhere else (when things were in stock), but I could get a 5% rebate using the Amazon Prime card.

The only minor issue I ran into was getting the 4k signal to display on my TV once I booted into windows the first time. One (apparently older?) HDMI cable didn't work, so I switched to a DisplayPort-to-HDMI cable and that's working great.

Here's my build list:
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC LIQUID FREEZER II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING CARBON WIFI ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive (re-used)
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA B5 850 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Fans: EZDIY-FAB 120MM RGB Moonlight
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

I'm dying to get a real video card though. The Intel UHD 630 integrated graphics rate as "Terrible" and about 6% of a the current benchmark (RTX 2060 Super) on userbench. Another month, I figure... and I need to pull 2 data drives out of my old machine once I'm done with it.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.