No. of Recommendations: 1
Wow, so many questions. I'll answer the ones I think I know, and leave the rest up to the rest of the board...

Can anybody tell me exactly how to figure out EBITDA and EBIT?
EBITDA= net profits plus interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortization.

EBIT= Net profits plus Interest and Taxes.

Is EBITDA the same as Operating Income?
Not necessarily. I believe EBITDA would include investment income, which shouldn't be included in Operating Income. There may be other differences.

IS EBIT = EBITDA - Deprciation and
Amortization?

Yep.

What is the relationship between Operating Income and Operating Cash Flow (not Cash Flow from Operations)

I belive that Operating Cash Flow and Cash Flow from Operations are the same thing. Anyway, I don't think there is any direct, simple relationship between Operating Income and Operating cash flow.

Anyway, as for what analysts use to determine cash flow, there are different ways of looking at cash flow. EBITDA is a popular, simple proxy, but other analysts prefer more complicated calculations that capture the number better. I'll leave that up to the better versed among us.

Bob

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.