Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Wow. You learn something new (almost) every day. I did google Swedish death cleaning. Never heard of it before. My dad described himself as "half Swedish, half smorgasbord," but culturally he was more German, he'd probably agree.

So far all I've done is tell my son that there's value in all the stamps(including my own collection) and if I go, to find an expert to deal them. And I did the same yesterday after finding a coffee can I probably know about but forgot about - my mother's 1/2 dollars and dollar coins & they are the full silver ones.

I'd say that's the right way to approach it. My dad had a coin collection which I didn't know about until after he died. We didn't have any problem selling it, and we went to a dealer in coins, jewelry, and other stuff (precious metals, swords, other collectibles.) Our lawyer had recommended the place. Never a mention or question about receipts, etc.

And this stuff was old, including some Confederate bills. A pretty random assortment of stuff, except that there was a series of silver dollars from quite a few consecutive years.

Bill
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.