Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
It appears that only the atheletes are banned from using drugs. The guys in suits can use all they want.

That's the only logical explanation for this move.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Agreed. Makes zero sense.

Choosing to keep Pentathlon over wrestling is ridiculous. And this move is to make room for Golf. Really??
One of the stupidest GD things the IOC has ever done. They should get rid of badminton or team handball.
The future of the Olympics:

http://blogs.ajc.com/mike-luckovich/files/2013/02/021313-too...

Fuskie
Who expects it's not about the sports but all about ratings and revenue...
Wrestling is out but synchronized swimming is still in? WTF?
If they had jettisoned boxing & kept wrestling then that would make more sense to me.

Boxing has become corrupt, it is regularly physically damaging, and has little development paths for young athletes (like school/college programs). Wrestling had better (more objective) scoring and the athletes actually compete for a bronze medal instead of both semifinalist losers getting one (they do it in boxing I guess because an extra match is too taxing?).

A lot of the sports have been kept because they promote geographic diversity -- like team handball is big in Nordic countries who don't have a long summer outdoor season & badminton is big in Asia. But now they add golf??!! Yeah like every one of the 200 or so Olympic countries can afford a golf course?
That's the only logical explanation for this move.

Nope....here is the "real" reason.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/14/olympic-wrestling-c...

I see the plan for gays to rule the world is almost complete.

Charlie
Charlie, it's not gays ruling the world, it's political correctness. The Olympics are becoming more PC all the time, and if it is allowed to continue, PC will be the ruination of the Olympics, just as it ruins any other good thing it infests.
I am embarrassed that this story has gotten any attention.

Fuskie
Who didn't think it worth posting...