No. of Recommendations: 14
I started to mark this off topic, but thinking on it, I see it as a societal trend that effects the whole civilization of the Westernized world.

When I saw that McDonalds was asking for a four year degree for fast food workers, I was put off. At first I thought, " The brazen arrogance of that person should be met with contempt and disdain by all of his employees." Then I thought some more and realized "If a person with a college degree took the job, there was a serious issue the degree system, not the McDonalds."

You see, if a person goes to college and gets a four year degree and comes out enough of a sheep to sell themselves for aluminum wage, one of two things has gone wrong. Either those persons should have never been allowed into college to begin with, or the college trained them to be sheep.

I could go off on a rant, but let me leave it at this, higher education is suppose to train leaders, leaders are not sheep.

Cheers
Qazulight
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.