Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
So, seeing as right now I have more time available than I know what to do with in a productive fashion, I made the mistake of checking out the LBYM board.....where, back in Days of Yore, you could actually get worthwhile tips.

Apparently, it's considered LBYM (as opposed to Low Rent) to sneak in your snacks to a movie theater etc. so you can stuff your face while you're watching a movie. If I once in a while go to watch a film then that's what I go to do....watch a film. I don't go to a movie theater to eat.

I mean, really... no really....greasy hands, stuff on your clothes etc. You could get the same effect by doing something strenuous in the garden.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Ah VeeEnn. In this area they are starting to have lounge style theaters, where you sit in a very comfy seat and can enjoy a cocktail with your movie.

I suppose its an effort to get adults out of their recliners. And an alternative to DVDs or pay-per-view.
Ah VeeEnn. In this area they are starting to have lounge style theaters, where you sit in a very comfy seat and can enjoy a cocktail with your movie.

I suppose its an effort to get adults out of their recliners.....

Or maybe a stimulus package for the neighbourhood hepatologists.......give the liver a double whammy with fatty liver disease and alcohol.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I'm pretty sure it's part of the movie going/sporting event/etc.. experience. A friend of mine always understood that he had a monkey on his back when he would return from the concessions with his arms full and his wallet empty... including a gallon of soda. He always commented "I don't know why I'm so fat... I guess I'm just big boned".
A friend of mine always understood that he had a monkey on his back when .... He always commented "I don't know why I'm so fat... I guess I'm just big boned".

He sure did have a monkey on his back. But from his comment that he doesn't know why he's so fat, and guesses he's just big boned......sounds to me like he had no idea he had a monkey on his back, much less understanding it.

sheila
No. of Recommendations: 1
But from his comment that he doesn't know why he's so fat, and guesses he's just big boned......sounds to me like he had no idea he had a monkey on his back, much less understanding it.

He understood, he was being sarcastic.
No. of Recommendations: 2
He understood, he was being sarcastic.

Sounds like a bloke after my own heart.

Whenever I complain to the ball 'n' chain that I have no idea why I'm so sensitive to alcohol and start staggering after *a* gin & tonic, he'll oftentimes ask which gin & tonic I'm talking about.....the first, the last or the ones in between.