No. of Recommendations: 2
My son left this morning with DH for an appointment before the snow or precipitation started, and thanks to an EPIC FAILURE on PennDot's behalf they were met with snarled roads 90 minutes later. We did get 2-3 inches of snow in the first hour, but seriously, no saline sprayed in preparation? No trucks ready to roll? We have dealt with so much worse than this without problem when PennDot is prepared. Now they are stuck 4 miles from home at a local hotel, after spending almost 5 hours trying to go the 6 miles between home and the appointment!

It's not like there was no notice about this storm. The media has been blaring about it for days.

IP
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
We had a simalar situation west of Philadelphia.

Some townships seemed to have been ready, but the state roads were a mess. Rt 1 from 76 to Rt 3 was an ice rink. I saw one plow in the two hours it took us to go the five miles it normaly takes 15 min, (25 min in rush hour).
No. of Recommendations: 1
We are in the SW burbs and around here all roads were bad. Based on the news roads looking relatively decent today, even though we've already had about the same amount of snow as we did Sun. True to form, school was cancelled today before even one snowflake fell. Called it right today, IMO, but so many times we never wound up getting any snow after a cancellation. Timing of the snow would have been ruinous for the school buses.

I grew up further north. Just about the only time we had school cancelled when I was a kid, the snow was about 4' deep, (yes, feet,) and there was a statewide driving ban. Of course, down here ice is a much bigger issue, and almost impossible to drive no matter how good a driver you are.

Eldest flies in Thu for winter break. So glad the forecast is for good weather, even if freezing cold!

IP