Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Interestingly, IBD noted in discussing CYD this morning that one has to be able to recognize when a leading stock has run out of steam (I'm paraphrasing) and be prepared to move on to the next opportunity. It's noteworthy, however, that Larry is planning to add to his shares if the price hits 26.25 which would indicate to me that he still is holding CYD and considers it a worthy investment long term. I agree that CYD's dividend makes it sort of a hybrid equity (somewhere between growth and income). Because of the horrible crash of Nasdaq last couple of years, I have changed from LTBH investing to more of a hybrid model that Larry described earlier (cross between trader and LTBH). I am curious as to when Larry decides to liquidate a stock or sell some shares. I only ask this of him because he seems to have a very definitive method of correctly identifying and quantifying growth stocks. His effort and opinion is held in high regard by me. Soooo---Larry, when do you sell??

Kenny
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.