Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Xerohype,

Thanks for your awesome posts on this and so many other boards.

I found myself with similar thoughts during the RB seminar. The problem I have resolving these issues revolves around the recommended buying times for enabling technologies Vs. applications and the RS/name brand issues in the RB criteria. It seems to me that companies that are in the consumer's eye are predominantly application type operations which should be bought before the RS/tornado phase (in the bowling alley). Conversely, I have a hard time trying to convince myself that the majority of the core enabling technology gorillas really have general consumer type name brand appeal (outside of places like TMF).

As a result of this twisted logic I now own HLTH, which I felt was an e-health application package in the bowling alley. I still feel that this was a good purchase (it's down only about 50% since I bought it), but it's looking like the bowling alley might be a lot longer than I had previously imagined.

Thanks again for your posts, as well as any light you can shed on this query.

Mark
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.